- The huge number of independent coffee shops with personality and attitude - the opposite of Starbucks.
- Wholefoods, quite simply the best store ever. Please open more in the UK.
- Book People, quite simply the best book store ever.
- Everything is automated. The toilets flush by themselves, the paper towels come out on their own. You need never do anything for yourself again!
- Friendly people, in every store. You get very used to the British attitude of aloofness/rudeness/"why are you bothering me by coming in my shop" and you forget that it's actually quite nice to be treated well.
ps. however, the weather sucks (well at the moment anyway)